• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O yess. Give me FIRE!

Comment

• Guys?

Comment

• Back to talking to myself then (for the good cause of course)

Post Six
        burning sticks
        kindling a fire
        flames reach higher
        will scorch heaven
        by post seven

Comment

• Originally posted by Pyro View Post
          O yess. Give me FIRE!
          Not that you directly asked, but:

Milo Kidd is on a planet called New Magana, formerly Magana. It is a paradise, a perfect world crafted by trans-human immortals. But it wasn't always so. Magana was a normal planet, much like Earth, but a team of ambitious scientists accidentally opened a portal to the elemental plane of fire while trying to invent teleportation technology. Encased in a one-way force field, the device was free to spew fire unchecked. The intense heat burned through everything; stone, metal, flesh, wood, water. The planet was reduced to a molten, black lump of carbon, and those handful of survivors sat in orbit with little to no direction. After thousands of years - and a lot of rapid evolution - the people returned as perfect creatures of glass. The diatoms. They spent the next two thousand years basically landscaping and rolled out New Magana.

Presently, a meteor has impacted, carrying with it a virus that consumes planets in the same way the flu infects and destroys a human cell. Unbeknownst to our hero, one of the last surviving diatoms has tasked him with retrieving the ancient device that can re-open the portal to the elemental plane of fire. New Magana will burn again, but it may be the only way to ensure there's a planet to return to. Even if it's just a lump of charcoal.

Comment

• Now that is some grade A procrastination there.

Comment

• Damn CC, you're fire is delightfully destructive

Comment

• The antagonist is also a creature born from the heart of a dying sun, aptly named a red dwarf. His name is Fyran. He mean.

Comment

• The blatant theme for the first book in the series was water. The theme for the sequel is fire. Not sure what's going to happen in book three yet....

Comment

• Lots of immortal beings get killed in this one, too.

Comment

• Which is kinda tragic, in a way.

Comment

• Ok all the ice in my cup is gone. See you guys later!

Comment

• I know how it feels, not knowing what's gonna happen, been writing 'of track' as well, But it'll somehow feel like a track in hindsight, once you've reached the destination.

Comment

• Later! I'm off too. Been catching up on the poetry forum, knee-deep in gems and blinded by their shimmers. This was a welcome change but I already feel like I'm missing out on something. Made a little contribution right?

Comment

• One last afterthought: what happens when one wins this contest?
                              Personally I would like a metaphorical silver-coated statue dipped in chocolate sprinkled with sugar coated flakes of poetic phantasmagoria.
                              Or is that too much to ask?

Comment

• I have no idea - I think you get bragging rights (see original posting for this contest) and someone starts another one.

Sorry about lapsing out like that - I too went over to the poetry side for some 'catch-up'. Things seem to move very fast over there some days with numerous new postings.

Comment

Working...
                                X