X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RhymeLovingWriter
    replied
    I do like being married to my best friend. It sounds so cliche, but really can be true after awhile. Wait - best friend is too soft. More like soul-mate.

Leave a comment:

• RhymeLovingWriter
    replied
    Tomorrow my husband and I celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary. I don't know how that happened. We are still mentally very young.

Leave a comment:

• RhymeLovingWriter
    replied
    Since I'm here I'll finish up my set of five - then maybe try to write some more.

Leave a comment:

• RhymeLovingWriter
    replied
    I have no idea - I think you get bragging rights (see original posting for this contest) and someone starts another one.

Sorry about lapsing out like that - I too went over to the poetry side for some 'catch-up'. Things seem to move very fast over there some days with numerous new postings.

Leave a comment:

• Pyro
    replied
    One last afterthought: what happens when one wins this contest?
    Personally I would like a metaphorical silver-coated statue dipped in chocolate sprinkled with sugar coated flakes of poetic phantasmagoria.
    Or is that too much to ask?

Leave a comment:

• Pyro
    replied
    Later! I'm off too. Been catching up on the poetry forum, knee-deep in gems and blinded by their shimmers. This was a welcome change but I already feel like I'm missing out on something. Made a little contribution right?

Leave a comment:

• Pyro
    replied
    I know how it feels, not knowing what's gonna happen, been writing 'of track' as well, But it'll somehow feel like a track in hindsight, once you've reached the destination.

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    Ok all the ice in my cup is gone. See you guys later!

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    Which is kinda tragic, in a way.

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    Lots of immortal beings get killed in this one, too.

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    The blatant theme for the first book in the series was water. The theme for the sequel is fire. Not sure what's going to happen in book three yet....

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    The antagonist is also a creature born from the heart of a dying sun, aptly named a red dwarf. His name is Fyran. He mean.

Leave a comment:

• Pyro
    replied
    Damn CC, you're fire is delightfully destructive

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    Now that is some grade A procrastination there.

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    Originally posted by Pyro View Post
    O yess. Give me FIRE!
    Not that you directly asked, but:

Milo Kidd is on a planet called New Magana, formerly Magana. It is a paradise, a perfect world crafted by trans-human immortals. But it wasn't always so. Magana was a normal planet, much like Earth, but a team of ambitious scientists accidentally opened a portal to the elemental plane of fire while trying to invent teleportation technology. Encased in a one-way force field, the device was free to spew fire unchecked. The intense heat burned through everything; stone, metal, flesh, wood, water. The planet was reduced to a molten, black lump of carbon, and those handful of survivors sat in orbit with little to no direction. After thousands of years - and a lot of rapid evolution - the people returned as perfect creatures of glass. The diatoms. They spent the next two thousand years basically landscaping and rolled out New Magana.

Presently, a meteor has impacted, carrying with it a virus that consumes planets in the same way the flu infects and destroys a human cell. Unbeknownst to our hero, one of the last surviving diatoms has tasked him with retrieving the ancient device that can re-open the portal to the elemental plane of fire. New Magana will burn again, but it may be the only way to ensure there's a planet to return to. Even if it's just a lump of charcoal.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X