Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Battle for the Last Post: Tricentennial Edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    Yesterday AND the day before that weren't much better :-\

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    I ate so much today, guys. I cheated so hard on my previously stoic eating habits.

2 burgers, fries, onion rings, a brownie sundae, pizza, cheese sticks, girl scout cookies, breakfast tacos, and my own dignity.

Damn.

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    Also that sucks about your vehicle. I'm not sure what you drive, but the last car I had to replace the alternator on (a 1996 GM Sierra) only ran me about 100 bucks. Got the part from a junk yard. These newer cars, though.... Everything is computerized and whatnot. Stuff is costlier to make - costlier to replace. It's lame.

I wonder what it must have been like to be able to tinker with a car's engine and get it working again.

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    Originally posted by Emmy View Post
    And in other news, I have to get my alternator replaced. Effff.

Also, my school is already closed tomorrow, in anticipation of the Groundhog Day shitstorm. Not that it makes a difference to me, since I don't have classes on Tuesdays.
    Is your city a GD hub?

Leave a comment:

• Emmy
    replied
    And in other news, I have to get my alternator replaced. Effff.

Also, my school is already closed tomorrow, in anticipation of the Groundhog Day shitstorm. Not that it makes a difference to me, since I don't have classes on Tuesdays.

Leave a comment:

• Emmy
    replied
    Originally posted by CeramicCornflake View Post
    Congrats! Cardio was one of the hardest things for me to start doing. I'm glad you're seeing good, measurable results. My first day of cardio I had decided I was sick of not being able to run. I used to crap out under 100 yards (by a lot lol), and I was getting frustrated. Have you seen that movie Lone Survivor? I used that as motivation and went from being essentially static to running 4 miles my first session.

I never felt worse.
    Damn. I would probably die if I tried to run 4 miles.

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    30 posts left on this battle.

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    My cat had to get dipped today heh heh.

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    I'm moved in to my new place. Finally! I took 6 days off from work to give mixing my band's album undivided attention. It's been a really awesome experience; this was originally what I wanted to do for a living. With 2 days left, I still have about half an album.

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    It's been so nice the past couple days (upper 40s and sunny) that I've had my balcony door open to get some fresh air in. Too bad we're under a winter storm warning from Monday night to Wednesday morning, with the possibility of 12-18 inches of snow.
    :O

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    A couple weeks ago I started doing cardio, at the suggestion of my voice teacher, to help with breath support. I've been increasing my time a little each day, and yesterday I made it through the full 30 minutes.

My legs hurt, but hey. It's a good hurt.
    Congrats! Cardio was one of the hardest things for me to start doing. I'm glad you're seeing good, measurable results. My first day of cardio I had decided I was sick of not being able to run. I used to crap out under 100 yards (by a lot lol), and I was getting frustrated. Have you seen that movie Lone Survivor? I used that as motivation and went from being essentially static to running 4 miles my first session.

I never felt worse.

Leave a comment:

• Emmy
    replied
    It's been so nice the past couple days (upper 40s and sunny) that I've had my balcony door open to get some fresh air in. Too bad we're under a winter storm warning from Monday night to Wednesday morning, with the possibility of 12-18 inches of snow.

Leave a comment:

• Emmy
    replied
    A couple weeks ago I started doing cardio, at the suggestion of my voice teacher, to help with breath support. I've been increasing my time a little each day, and yesterday I made it through the full 30 minutes.

My legs hurt, but hey. It's a good hurt.

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    Originally posted by Electron.John View Post
    CC I really like your new book. But I don't have much free time to read it. When I do have time I have been adding notes to it with any typos or comments I have so you will have something to use for making edits. But it might take me another month at this rate to finish.
    Im just grateful you're taking time to read it at all. It's kinda the highest praise a book can receive haha. I'm glad you find it enjoyable.

Leave a comment:

• Electron.John
    replied
    CC I really like your new book. But I don't have much free time to read it. When I do have time I have been adding notes to it with any typos or comments I have so you will have something to use for making edits. But it might take me another month at this rate to finish.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X