Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Battle for the Last Post: Tricentennial Edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CeramicCornflake View Post
    Congrats! Cardio was one of the hardest things for me to start doing. I'm glad you're seeing good, measurable results. My first day of cardio I had decided I was sick of not being able to run. I used to crap out under 100 yards (by a lot lol), and I was getting frustrated. Have you seen that movie Lone Survivor? I used that as motivation and went from being essentially static to running 4 miles my first session.

I never felt worse.
    Damn. I would probably die if I tried to run 4 miles.

Comment

• And in other news, I have to get my alternator replaced. Effff.

Also, my school is already closed tomorrow, in anticipation of the Groundhog Day shitstorm. Not that it makes a difference to me, since I don't have classes on Tuesdays.

Comment

• Originally posted by Emmy View Post
        And in other news, I have to get my alternator replaced. Effff.

Also, my school is already closed tomorrow, in anticipation of the Groundhog Day shitstorm. Not that it makes a difference to me, since I don't have classes on Tuesdays.
        Is your city a GD hub?

Comment

• Also that sucks about your vehicle. I'm not sure what you drive, but the last car I had to replace the alternator on (a 1996 GM Sierra) only ran me about 100 bucks. Got the part from a junk yard. These newer cars, though.... Everything is computerized and whatnot. Stuff is costlier to make - costlier to replace. It's lame.

I wonder what it must have been like to be able to tinker with a car's engine and get it working again.

Comment

• I ate so much today, guys. I cheated so hard on my previously stoic eating habits.

2 burgers, fries, onion rings, a brownie sundae, pizza, cheese sticks, girl scout cookies, breakfast tacos, and my own dignity.

Damn.

Comment

• Willa
              Willa commented
              Editing a comment
              delicioooooouuuuussssss

• Yesterday AND the day before that weren't much better :-\

Comment

• Ok I'm going to mix some more music now. Ciao.

Comment

Is your city a GD hub?
                Nope. I live in Omaha, NE--literally the middle of the Midwest. We're just getting hit with a blizzard today (Groundhog Day), and I thought "Groundhog Day shitstorm" had a nice ring to it.

Comment

Also that sucks about your vehicle. I'm not sure what you drive, but the last car I had to replace the alternator on (a 1996 GM Sierra) only ran me about 100 bucks. Got the part from a junk yard. These newer cars, though.... Everything is computerized and whatnot. Stuff is costlier to make - costlier to replace. It's lame.

I wonder what it must have been like to be able to tinker with a car's engine and get it working again.
                  I have a 2008 Kia Sorento. When I called for a quote, they said it could be anywhere from $200-600, depending on how complicated it is to replace. I'm hoping it'll be on the lower end of that scale, but with my luck, I doubt it. Sigh.

Comment

• My credit score has gone from a 800 ish to a 709

I have high utilization at the moment. Something like 49% of my total available credit is being used. Ouch.

But that's life, I suppose.

Comment

• Is posting something like that considered rude? I don't think my generation cares too much about airing their financial laundry.

Comment

• This battle is getting down to the wire. I like these smaller battles sometimes. It's good. I'm ready for a big one, though. Are we just going to keep going up in post count?

Comment

• Quadracentennial.

Comment

• I want to eat food so bad. I'm back on my caloric deficit and I'm so hungry.

Comment

My credit score has gone from a 800 ish to a 709

I have high utilization at the moment. Something like 49% of my total available credit is being used. Ouch.

But that's life, I suppose.
                              I wish my credit score was that high. Uffda. Having your mom wreck your credit before you're 18 + medical bills +$60k in student debt = poor credit rating. Yaaaay.

One of these years I'll have a good credit score. Probably when I'm long dead.

Comment

Working...
                              X