Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battle for the Last Post: Bicentennial Edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catz View Post
    I was waiting for a rejection letter, or maybe an email, but no siree. I got a call offering me the position I interviewed for from my soon to be supervisor and I am so stoked! He says we're looking at a start date of 10/26 !!
    That's awesome! Congrats! What will you be doing?

Comment

County job, office assistant 2 in Social Services. Definitely a step up from my current job. Better pay and benefits. I am so excited!

Comment

It's more of a commute though. I currently drive 15-20 mins to work. It's going to be closer to an hour commute, but I totally don't mind.

Comment

What's up birches.

Comment

First post of October. Man, time really flies.

Comment

That it does.

Comment

Today is my little sister's birthday. She's 22. I can't believe I'm so old!

Comment

Congrats on the new job Catz! My advice about getting older is to surround yourself with people that are older than you are. They way you will always feel young, which of course you are (from my point of view anyway).

Comment

A few more posts and I will be at 1000!

Comment

Got my flu shot the other day. Cross your fingers I won't get sick from it, like the last time I got one. Because that sucked.

But otherwise, my health is 100%. Hooray for correcting chemical imbalances that make me hate life!

Comment

Woah, woah. A post from Willa AND Emmy changing her profile picture!?! I get distracted with hours of school work and the entire fabric of this forum in changed! Even though, you know, we're all on Facebook. Where I see you guys doing stuff all the time.

Comment

I have a date today.

Comment

Good luck on your date!

I have officially decided that I want to take charge of my life. I'm looking for rooms to rent so that I can move out of the apartment I share with my boyfriend. I thought I was ready, but he's not the one I want to spend the rest of my life with and I don't want to waste his time anymore.. He can afford the rent and utilities on his own. It's the same apartment he lived in before he met me. I am considering paying rent for a few months though.

What's new in everyone else's life?

Comment

Nah, I'm definitely going to offer to pay rent still. He's not going to accept though, because he's proud and stubborn.

Comment

So, my date went well. We had dinner at a local barbecue place, and then saw "The Martian" (which was REALLY good btw). And he's a very nice guy, we share a lot of the same views, etc. The only thing that concerns me is that he has bipolar disorder, but doesn't take medication for it, because he doesn't like the way the meds make him feel. Which I totally get--the medication I take for my depression and anxiety has some side effects that I don't care for, but for me the benefits far outweigh those side effects. But I just came out of a four-year relationship with someone that didn't treat their mental illness. And I just don't know if I'm ready to get back into that again.

Comment

Working...
                                X