Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battle for the Last Post: Bicentennial Edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    I would totes ship you some, but as you said it wouldn't make it

Venison is great. I have two big, beautiful back straps that are begging to be fried, but my diet won't allow for that. I'm going to cut them into medallions and have them for special dinners, cooking them in the skillet like good beef. You can cook back strap any way you want, really. The rest of the deer can be gamey, and most people grind it into sausage with some pork. Personally, I'll probably cube it and make stew.

You should just come visit me in Austin! Then I'll cook it for you and we can play laser tag.

Leave a comment:

• Emmy
    replied
    Originally posted by CeramicCornflake View Post
    I also have to figure out where 40 lbs of venison is going to go; my freezer is full. It's about time to cut that deer up.
    I would totes tell you to send me some, but:
    -I have no idea how to cook venison
    -I don't think it'd ship well
    -I don't even think I've had venison

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    I also have to figure out where 40 lbs of venison is going to go; my freezer is full. It's about time to cut that deer up.

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    Yesterday - the day of failures - makes way for a new day of successes. My goals are thus:
    Clean the house
    Edit a whole chapter of my book
    Go see my friend Jordan and play Settlers of Catan

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    I can relate.

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    My girlfriend's cat is a fatty tat tat. If she goes a few minutes without food she pretty much assumes her body is in starvation mode.

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    Our newest song has an amazing bass solo featuring yours truly. Can't wait to get it all put together.

Leave a comment:

• Emmy
    replied
    Got the keys for my apartment yesterday and dropped some stuff off there. Dropped my car off at the body shop to get repaired, so for the next couple days I get to drive a 2015 Hyundai Elantra. It's preeeetttyyyyy. (I still like my Kia Sorento better, though.)

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    I listened to The Martian on audiobook. It was really great. I give it a 10 out of 10. I haven't seen the movie, but I doubt it measures up.

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    I tried to do an oil painting today and failed spectacularly.

I tried to mix a song and failed spectacularly.

But all things considered, it was a good day.

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    Originally posted by Willa View Post
    I'm moving to Phoenix, Arizona!
    This is my favorite (and thankfully related) King of the Hill quote:

Leave a comment:

• Joe Bobbo
    replied
    Why the move to Arizona? =o

Leave a comment:

• Willa
    replied
    I'm moving to Phoenix, Arizona!

Leave a comment:

• Willa
    replied
    I took out the change in my wallet today and counted it at my desk. Not because I plan on using it to buy anything, of course. I'm too proud for that. I'll pull out my AMEX card and pay for my lean cuisines tonight that way. Because I'd rather die than count out change at a goddamn register. I'll get miles that I'll put toward a trip somewhere someday. But as I was scooping up the change to put back into my pocket (not back into my wallet; it was making it too bulky), a memory surfaced. I remember sitting on the floor with my mom and my little sister with a red jar of Folger's Special Roast in front of us. The jar didn't have coffee in it. It had quarters, dimes, nickles, and a lot of pennies. It had the means with which to buy lotto tickets and cigarettes. My little sister and I would sift through the pile for quarters. Quarters were (and still are) my favorite because they're the biggest and have pretty images on the back.
    Last edited by Willa; 12-07-2015, 05:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BiocideJ
    replied
    Moving-that time when you realize how much crap you have accumulated.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X