Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battle for the Last Post: Bicentennial Edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My guess is that they do not sleep furiously. But I must say that sentence is grammatically correct, but semantically nonsensical.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willa View Post
      Well that didn't work out too well.
      You may have better results if you learn to hang glide or pilot an airplane.

Comment

• Reminds me of an old nonsensical poem I had forgotten

One dark night in the middle of the day
        Two dead boys came out to play
        Back to back they faced each other
        Drew their swords and shot each other
        A deaf police man heard the noise
        And came and shot the two dead boys

Comment

• Although technically they could face each other back to back if they were both looking into mirrors...

Actually, I think I could rationalize the entire poem...
          dark night in the middle of the day = eclipse
          Their names, Joe and James Dead
          In addition to drawing their swords they drew their water pistols and shot each other
          A deaf policeman with a cochlear implant heard them
          Last edited by BiocideJ; 12-04-2015, 07:37 AM.

Comment

• Pack pack pack. I hate moving. Even if I'm excited to move.

Comment

• Moving-that time when you realize how much crap you have accumulated.

Comment

• I took out the change in my wallet today and counted it at my desk. Not because I plan on using it to buy anything, of course. I'm too proud for that. I'll pull out my AMEX card and pay for my lean cuisines tonight that way. Because I'd rather die than count out change at a goddamn register. I'll get miles that I'll put toward a trip somewhere someday. But as I was scooping up the change to put back into my pocket (not back into my wallet; it was making it too bulky), a memory surfaced. I remember sitting on the floor with my mom and my little sister with a red jar of Folger's Special Roast in front of us. The jar didn't have coffee in it. It had quarters, dimes, nickles, and a lot of pennies. It had the means with which to buy lotto tickets and cigarettes. My little sister and I would sift through the pile for quarters. Quarters were (and still are) my favorite because they're the biggest and have pretty images on the back.
                Last edited by Willa; 12-07-2015, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• I'm moving to Phoenix, Arizona!

Comment

• Why the move to Arizona? =o

Comment

• Originally posted by Willa View Post
                      I'm moving to Phoenix, Arizona!
                      This is my favorite (and thankfully related) King of the Hill quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PYt0SDnrBE

Comment

• I tried to do an oil painting today and failed spectacularly.

I tried to mix a song and failed spectacularly.

But all things considered, it was a good day.

Comment

• I listened to The Martian on audiobook. It was really great. I give it a 10 out of 10. I haven't seen the movie, but I doubt it measures up.

Comment

• Got the keys for my apartment yesterday and dropped some stuff off there. Dropped my car off at the body shop to get repaired, so for the next couple days I get to drive a 2015 Hyundai Elantra. It's preeeetttyyyyy. (I still like my Kia Sorento better, though.)

Comment

• Our newest song has an amazing bass solo featuring yours truly. Can't wait to get it all put together.

Comment

• My girlfriend's cat is a fatty tat tat. If she goes a few minutes without food she pretty much assumes her body is in starvation mode.

Comment

Working...
                                X