• Show
Clear All

• Revi1571
    replied
    don`t understand

Leave a comment:

• marce lolopes
    replied
    what's the difference? I think it's not your business only for people getting married. take it easy

Leave a comment:

• DepressingPoem
    replied
    Originally posted by Danette Tirrell View Post

I agree
    yesssssssssssssss

Leave a comment:

• Parkinsonspoet
    replied
    Marriage is a wonderful institution that should be available to all

Leave a comment:

• Samanthap
    replied
    I don't know about the people but if I talk my own mind I am not in favor of it

Leave a comment:

• Anne Harris
    replied
    Originally posted by RhymingEveryNowAndThen View Post
    Not to insult, but if marriage was just for the making of children, then how do you justify couples without children? Also, the amount of children in foster homes is excessive. To add, traditional marriage used to be one white man and one white woman.

I agree to this as well but the bottomline for me is respecting the preferences of other people when it comes to love.

Leave a comment:

• Danette Tirrell
    replied
    They are after the legal rights of being married at least that's what I know. Let's give it to them.

Leave a comment:

• Anne Harris
    replied
    Haha! No one second my motion. I guess we just have to respect each other's opinion on this delicate matter that has been debated over the years.

Leave a comment:

• Anne Harris
    replied
    Marriage is a bond between two people in love regardless of gender. I'm not against gay marriage. I respect each person's preference.

Leave a comment:

• Anne Harris
    replied
    Gays, man and woman, as long as they love each other, go marry! For those against gay marriage, just give them respect. They are humans, too. BTW, I've been married 16 years now and my husband and I have a 15-year-old daughter.

Leave a comment:

• Danette Tirrell
    replied
    Originally posted by Matewitofusys View Post
    So if your religion does not allow same sex marriage, then you can just join one that does. Problem solved! Lol.
    I agree

Leave a comment:

• Matewitofusys
    replied
    I think that we need to distinguish between marriage that is validated and authorized by the state and marriage that is validated and authorized by a religion. There exist today both religious groups that allow same-sex marriage and those that do not. The state has absolutely no authority to infringe upon those religions. I believe that this would all be a lot simpler if the state did not recognize marriage at all and left the issue to religions. So if your religion does not allow same sex marriage, then you can just join one that does. Problem solved! Lol.

Leave a comment:

• SkylitTyler
    replied
    and no it doesn't comdemn pedophilia in the bible... actually sadly kinda promotes it... Like when angels visited Sodom the sodomites gathered hoping to rape the Angels and Lot gave his prepubescent daughters to the mob to rape... Then not even a few months later Lot impregnated them himself...
    Sadly, thats just a single example...

Leave a comment:

• SkylitTyler
    replied
    its in the bible in the book of leviticus chapter 28, a man shall not lay with another man. says nothing about female gays though.
    That being said, I am a supporter of gay marriage. One hundred percent.
    If two people love each other and aren't hurting anybody, then what right has any religious or political authorities to say they can't commit to each other?
    Always perplexed me as to why this is even an issue...

Leave a comment:

• RhymingEveryNowAndThen
    replied
    You bring up many good points, and I thank you for those. The main argument most people use you sort of mentioned, but overall missed, was religion coming into play. You cannot call someone's religion fake or real, so instead I ask them where in the bible, as the main religions that condemn same sex couples related to Catholicism, does God state that being gay is wrong? Is it the same chapter when God condemns polyester. Or where Jesus says it, which is most likely a wrong translation of the Hebrew it was originally written in as it uses the same text to condemn pedophilia?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X